University of Nairobi is offering 137 masters scholarships for the 2022/2023 academic year. The applications are open only to applicants for the September 2022 intake.
General guidelines to applicants
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria among other specific criteria by their
- Applicants should have completed and graduated with an undergraduate degree from the University of Nairobi in the academic year 2021/2022 (except for Department of Medicine, Dental Sciences and Nursing Sciences, which requires mandatory two (2) years practical experience before admission into master’s programme).
- Possess a first class or second class upper division. The Scholarship is offered on merit and preference will be offered to the best students.
- Must have been admitted for the September 2022 intake in the particular programme.
- Duration: The scholarship is conditional and tenable for two (2) consecutive years (except for the Departments of Medicine and Dental Sciences which runs for four (4) years) and is not transferable within departments.
- Scholarships are for full time students only; the student has to take the maximum number of units per semester, and successful students must comply with the terms and conditions of the scholarship, and complete their studies within the stipulated programme duration.
- Commencement: The scholarship must be taken at the time of offer (no deferments and temporary withdrawal from studies while on scholarship).
- Final opportunitfes: Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Application Procedures and Deadline: Applications which should include an application letter addressed to the Dean, letter of admission and certified copies of degree certificate and transcripts must be sent to the respective Dean.
Applicants should submit their application documents to their respective Deans by 23"